Bringing a Taste of Ghana To The World
- Cooking time: 1¼ hours
- Serves 2 to 4
- 2 small pigeons or Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium ripe tomato, strained through a sieve
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Sprinkle pigeons with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place in a baking dish with 1 cup water and bake in a preheated oven for the first 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl, then brush mixture all over and inside pigeons.
- Continue roasting at 200°F.
- And baste from time to time until pigeon is tender and well browned (allow 1 hour for each pound of meat).