Bringing a Taste of Ghana To The World
Rice Ball Instructions
- In a rice cooker, add about 6 cups of water and 3 cups of rice (soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes prior to cooking). Let it cook until the rice becomes really soft.
- It’s easier to use a rice cooker but it’s not necessary for making rice ball.
- For those that opt to using a regular pot you can add 6 cups of water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add the 3 cups of soaked rice. Cover and let it cook until the water evaporates and the
- rice is soften. This should take about 10 minutes. The rice should be dry and sticky when it’s ready. If it’s not soft, add a little bit of water and cook for a little longer.
- There is a wooden stick made especially for recipes like these but you can use a regular wooden spoon if you choose. Knead the rice with the wooden stick/spoon against the side of the pot. This process makes the rice stickier and easier to form into small balls.
- Take a small portion of the finished rice and place on a piece of saran wrap. Wrap the rice ball into the saran wrap and roll it.
- Finally! Time to eat! Place rice ball in the middle of a bowl and add soup. This is all preferential but I personally like to put both my rice ball and soup in the same bowl. You can eat this with a spoon or with your hand.