Bringing a Taste of Ghana To The World
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 pound stew beef (chicken may be substituted)
- 2 chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Fry onions in a small amount of oil in a skillet for a few minutes.
- Add beef or chicken to pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and allow to cook until meat begins to become tender.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients and seasonings. Stir well.
- Simmer for ½ hour.
Makes 4 servings.