4 large cassava roots
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to season
- Peel the cassava root and then divide each cassava root into 4 thick strips (1 cassava root serves four). Lay them in a large pile on baking tray.
- Bring a pot of salt water to a boil and then add the cut cassava. Boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and drain all the liquid.
- Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve them hot out of the oven as an appetizer!
- This is street food at its best! Served with chili sauce these tasty fries are bursting with flavor.
- They also make a nice side dish with a burger or some other protein.