Bringing a Taste of Ghana To The World
Ghanaian Beetroot Salad
- 1 pound beets
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- large pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt to taste
Beet salad II
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- a pinch of paprika
Beet salad I – Wash the beets well, being careful not to break their skins.
- Cut off the tops, leaving a stalk of about 1½ inches.
- Boil, covered, until tender.
- Allow the water to cool, then slip off the skins, trim off the tops, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over beets.
- Let marinate 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare as described above, but add orange flower water, cumin, paprika, and a little water to the sauce.